Wednesday, July 7, 2010

WHEN DID I BEGIN PAINTING

When I meet someone new that looks at my paintings, they almost always ask,
"When did you start painting?". I tell them this funny story, (funny now).
*
I have been painting and drawing all my life. I can't even remember the
first time I started my painting exploration!
It all began when I was so small (2 or 3) the only thing I thought of was, my parents
walls are really bare. I need to do something about it! Oh my poor parents!
I got in trouble several times, didn't understand why at that early age
why they would get so upset when I was trying to make their walls "pretty"!
*
For instance, my mother had a card club coming
one evening. She was going to rearrange the furniture to make room
for card tables. To her suprise, she found one of my "murals" behind
one of the chairs on her freshly painted wall! In my defense, I didn't
have proper art supplies, so I used her red lipstick!! Not my fault...they
should have bought me proper materials! LOL! Another time, my
mother had just finished wall papering (really absorbant paper) my bedroom.
Cost her a pretty at that time! I remember thinking,
"It just needs something!".
I found her "Ban" roll on deoderant and did another mural! My poor mother!!
After that, guess what...they started making sure I had art supplies!!
*
My point here is, I hope if you have a child or grandchild that just needs
to "help" your walls a little, please don't get upset with them...just
get them art supplies! They can't help it! It is just born in them
to create!!! :)
*
I was very lucky. My grandfather was a painter and a photographer. He
told my mother..."Leave that girl alone!!". He understood. He told
my mother, "She will do what ever she sets her mind to!"
Thanks Grandpa!!
*

4 comments:

Chippy's Ice Cream Parlor said...

I am so proud of you for being brave enough to follow your dreams.

Chippy's Ice Cream Parlor said...

I am so proud of you for being brave enough to follow your dreams.

anuar said...

keep it up..you got talent!

Derickjhon said...

This is just an incredible, awesome braveness an article that can catch the sleeping thoughts of everyone. You might be the one.

Native American Silver Jewelry