Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Distorted Truth


"Truth Distorted"
Oil on gesso panel
6in x 6in
*
I like the way the glass bowl distorts the truth. These peaches
are your typical round shape, but put in a bowl with curves and
edges, makes them seem something other than what they are.
The title came to me not only in the way the image here is distorted
but the way people also see the truth. I have heard it said, our truth
is only what we believe it to be. Have you thought something only to
find out later it wasn't the truth at all? I thought this painting was an
excellent analogy for this fact.
*
I haven't posted any new paintings for a while. I am working on a portrait
commission. I will post it when it is finished. I will still be working on some
small day paintings as I work on the portrait, so check back to see what is
new.
To view larger paintings and portraits, go to my web site at:
www.pattitrostle.com

No comments: